Mark Wainwright is the founder of Wainwright Insight. Mark partners with growing, small and mid-size professional services firms in part-time consulting engagements to manage their sales pipeline and coach sales team members.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why is “sales” often considered a four-letter word in architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) firms and other professional services firms?
- What has changed in sales, and how can AEC firms adapt to the times?
- Why is sales necessary for professional services firms?
- What is sales in relation to marketing and business development?
- What is "fractional sales management"?
- Why do professional services firms need it?
- What does it take to be a good salesperson?
- Does a professional need to be pushy or an extrovert to be successful in sales?
- How can firms shift from a “vendor mindset” to become trusted advisors to their long-term clients?
- Is there a way to make the process of winning new business less confusing and uncomfortable?
In this episode:
Professional services firms like AEC firms don’t like the word sales because they don’t want to be salesy. But these firms must sell their expertise to stay in business, so finding and winning new clients and new work is critical. However many firms don’t have the resources—or the need—for a dedicated full-time sales manager.
That's where Mark Wainwright comes in. The founder of Wainwright Insight, Mark provides fractional sales management services, serving as a part-time sales professional who works with firms to manage their sales pipeline and coach their sales leaders.
In this episode of the Spill the Ink podcast, Michelle Calcote King talks with Mark about the fractional sales management model and how it benefits doer-sellers in AEC firms who must balance their role as salesperson and practitioner.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Reputation Ink.
Founded by Michelle Calcote King, Reputation Ink is a marketing and public relations firm that serves professional services firms of all shapes and sizes across the United States, including corporate law firms and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) firms.
Reputation Ink understands how sophisticated corporate buyers find and select professional services firms. For the past 10 years, they have helped firms grow through thought leadership-fueled strategies, including public relations, content marketing, video marketing, marketing strategy services and more.
To learn more visit www.rep-ink.com or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
<< BACK TO ALL EPISODES