Jennifer Johnson is the Founder and CEO of Calibrate Legal, a recruiting and consulting firm for the legal industry. The company’s advisors help law firms achieve superior business results through the strategic use of talent, time and technology.
Law firms around the world rely on Jennifer to find sophisticated talent, while legal marketing teams rely on Jennifer for the tools and training they need to drive performance and ROI.
Jennifer spent six years in lawyer recruitment and marketing at an Am Law 100 firm, and she has held numerous leadership positions within the Legal Marketing Association including recently serving as Secretary of the International Board of Directors.
In October 2017, Jennifer was inducted into the College of Law Practice Management, which recognizes distinguished leaders in the profession and in 2020 was appointed to the Board of Trustees. She also is a Fellow of the ALM Intelligence Program. In 2020, Jennifer was named as a Global Top 100 Leader in Legal Strategy and Consulting by LawDragon.com.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What the "Revenue Enabler" movement is and why Jennifer is so passionate about it
- Why it's so important for law firms to eliminate the "non-lawyer" phrase and mentality
- The traits of a Revenue Enabler
- What legal marketing trends Revenue Enablers are staying abreast of
- How IT and marketing can better work together to enable revenue and drive results
- How flexible work arrangements are impacting the talent life cycle at law firms
- The factors driving the current migration of business professional talent out of the legal industry
- The types of roles being added to law firm marketing departments
- Calibrate ID, Calibrate Legal’s annual research program
- Jennifer's approach to networking
In this episode:
Hiring the right marketing professionals for your law firm isn’t a luxury; it’s a necessity if your firm has any chance of standing out from the crowd. These important people are “revenue enablers,” the ones who make all of the revenue possible. So how do you find them?
Michelle Calcote King invites Jennifer Johnson, the Founder and CEO of Calibrate Legal, onto the Spill The Ink podcast to talk about revenue enablers and how to find them for your law firm. They discuss the current trends of the legal marketing world and how to stay on top of them. They then go into detail on what makes a revenue enabler, flexible work arrangements and why so many marketers are leaving the legal industry.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Reputation Ink.
Founded by Michelle Calcote King, Reputation Ink is a marketing and public relations firm that serves professional services firms of all shapes and sizes across the United States, including corporate law firms and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) firms.
Reputation Ink understands how sophisticated corporate buyers find and select professional services firms. For the past 10 years, they have helped firms grow through thought leadership-fueled strategies, including public relations, content marketing, video marketing, marketing strategy services and more.
To learn more visit www.rep-ink.com or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
<< BACK TO ALL EPISODES