Our client is a small labor and employment firm based in Maryland. Its lawyers regularly advise employers on compliance and claim prevention and represent both employers and employees in state and federal court and before the Department of Labor, Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulations, Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, Montgomery County Office of Human Rights and more.
As part of an overall marketing and PR program, the firm’s founder and managing partner wanted to be considered for key rankings and awards, both in Maryland and elsewhere, to build the reputation of her firm as go-to counsel for employment cases, particularly plaintiff employment matters. The client was previously with another agency that handled its awards and rankings, but they were unsatisfied with the results and came to Reputation Ink for a fresh perspective.
We met with the firm to go over their key goals and developed a bespoke strategy solution that was right for the firm. Based on that strategy, we carry out the following tactics:
- Researching awards and ranking opportunities to identify those that would meet the firm’s goals.
- Tracking relevant lists, rankings and awards and bringing them to the firm well ahead of submission deadlines
- Holding input calls with nominees to gather information for specific submissions, where needed. In doing so we have developed a bank of information we can use in other submissions, as appropriate, without needing an input call (with the firm approving the final draft and filling in any blanks).
- Drafting submissions and sending them to clients for editing/approval.
- Submitting nominations.
- Tracking the outcome and notifying the firm if they have been selected.
The firm has seen placements in several awards and rankings, some consecutively, since beginning work with Rep Ink in 2021, including:
- Baltimore Business Journal Enterprising Women of Excellence
- Chambers - Band 1 from inaugural submission for both the firm and its founder
- The Daily Record Leadership in Law
- The Daily Record Top 100 Women
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment & Civil Rights Lawyers