Cold calling only gets you so far. Instead, high-growth companies engage in lead-generation campaigns.
What is lead generation? It’s the practice of attracting leads, collecting their contact information and following up to convert them into clients.
Gated content, or content placed behind a form that a user has to fill out in order to access, is central to lead generation. Longer-form content such as e-books, white papers and webinars are the most typical forms of gated content, as these are seen as more valuable, and thus your sales leads are more likely to fill out forms in order to access them.
Our lead-generation services
Our team of marketing strategists works with you to:
- Define your ideal prospects
- Determine what will attract prospects to you (What information or tools do they need that you are ideally positioned to provide?)
- Create informative, educational, entertaining content
- Distribute and promote that content via a range of channels, including email, social media, pay-per-click (PPC) ads and PR
- Use lead-nurturing techniques (such as email drip campaigns and workflows) to keep prospects engaged
- Create calls to action (CTAs), forms and landing pages on your website
- Continually analyze, test and improve conversion rates
There are lots of moving parts to lead-generation campaigns. The best way to manage it all? Marketing automation software such as HubSpot, Pardot, SharpSpring, Marketo or Eloqua.
We have deep experience with HubSpot, but consider ourselves “software agnostic” as they are all designed to do the same thing — make it easier to handle the range of marketing tasks required for successful lead-gen campaigns, including creating and sending emails, segmenting lists, automating social media posts, creating forms, calls to action (CTAs) and landing pages, and more.
In the end, the key to success in lead generation isn’t your marketing automation software, it’s your content. So don’t buy that marketing automation software (just yet). Before you pull the trigger, read this blog post first.